Things have actually been easier than I thought they would've been. We've had a couple of rough patches. The worst was two days ago - Dominic had surgery the day before to get the screws removed from his ankle and he was having a horrible recovery. We're not sure if it was a reaction to the anesthetic or the pain pill he took afterward, but he was wiped out all day and was vomiting too. On top of that, Violet was behaving the worst she ever had. I couldn't blame her - she's dealing with having to share mommy with another baby and she was stuck in the dark house all day with no social stimulation. I was an emotional wreck too. That was our worst day.
Other than that, things have been great. Violet adores her little brother. She loves to hold him and he's never fussed when she's holding him. She also loves it when he gets his diaper changed because she hands me the diaper and the A&D and she tells him "shhhh" when he cries. When she gets up in the morning, I bring her into bed with me and Noah and she gives him love.
Noah is doing great. He was back at his birth weight by the time he was 6 days old and at his two week appt (at 13 days) he weighed 9 lbs! His head circumference, weight, and length are in the 40th, 50th and 60th percentiles (his head hasn't gotten huge like mine and Violet's - maybe he got Dominic's head). He's starting to have more alert times throughout the day. He gets a little fussy in the evenings but I know how to sooth him pretty quickly. He doesn't like a messy diaper, being hungry or being cold but if I fix any of those three, he's instantly happy. I think he's starting to get a little gassy so I'll have to start giving him a tummy massage. His cord hasn't fallen off yet so the doctor told me I need to start cleaning the base to help it dry out. Yuck.
Here's a couple shots I took yesterday. I need better light - its hard with these November Oregon skies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


These are so precious. We got our announcement - Love it!! You did a great job on it. Glad to read you're hangin' in there. :)
ReplyDelete