Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Noah's first month

Noah turned one month old 2 days ago but this is the first chance I've had to update the blog and as I'm typing he's laying on my lap and I'm trying to keep him from waking up. Noah has had a fabulous first month. He's had his fussy moments but there's never been a time when I'm not able to sooth him. We didn't take Violet anywhere when she was first born and her first outing (besides the doctor's) was to a restaurant when she was 4 weeks old. In Noah's first month he's been to the park twice, story time at the library twice, Violet's playgroup, Pump it Up, out to eat, the Farmer's Market, and over to Grandma's house several times. He does well riding in the car and only cries if he's hungry. He's a super strong baby and has great head control, a strong grip and soccer legs. He wasn't born with much hair and he's already starting to lose it on top and he has a small bald patch in the back. He loves to be swaddled up and when he's real fussy, bouncing on the exercise ball instantly calms him down just like it did for Violet. He smiles more than any newborn I've ever seen, not only in his sleep but when you play with him and drown him in kisses. I think the sweetest part about Noah is how much he adores Violet. She loves to hold, kiss, touch, poke and smother him and when she's real close, he's always very calm and happy. He ended his first month with an amazing 3 day stretch of sleeping all day, not crying when awake, and one rare 6 hour stretch of sleep at night. Unfortunately he's started off his second month pretty upset. I think its gas, poor little guy.

Here are just a few random pictures from the past couple weeks...
Poor Noah, forced to sit in Violet's pink doll stroller.


Noah riding his lamb. Some people have asked how we got him to sit up. Dominic was holding him, took his hands away, a took a bunch of pictures, and Dominic caught him as he fell.



Noah's first walk in the double stroller. He's gone around the neighborhood 3x now and does really well if I time it right with a full belly and a clean diaper and with the sunshades down, he doesn't get poked in the face by Violet.



I just love this picture. We were at OMSI (the science museum) and Violet made this face as soon as the band that was playing changed the song and she got really excited.


Just some sweet pictures taken by the window. He was 4 weeks old.

He totally looks like a boy, if you ask me.

Look at that head control!

Tight grip on mommy's hand.


This is the first time I put pigtails in Violet's hair. Her personality instantly changed from sweet girl to major stinker as soon as she saw her new look. I had to take them out after an hour so she'd turn back into herself.





No comments:

Post a Comment