This is just the dresser/changing table, the glider, and his name is stuck to the wall inside an open frame.
This tree was my big project and I have to say I'm pretty darn proud of it. I wanted to do a wall mural but didn't want to screw up the wall and have to paint over it. I modeled it after a tree in Violet's pediatrician's office. The trunk, branches and leaf clusters are made out of foam board that I painted and I glued a ton of silk leaves on top of the leaf clusters to give it depth and extra color. The trunk is diagnol between the two walls and the branches are on each wall. It took me a long time to construct but I'd have to say that most of my time was spent standing in the doorway just staring and trying to visualize how I wanted the next piece to look.
I tried to get a closer look at the leaves and branches.
Its so hard to take pictures of a room. I hope you can get a feel for how big it is in relation to the furniture, etc. The branches on the right partially hang over the crib.
I just went with sage green and chocolate brown bedding. Nothing fancy.
Below are some pictures of Violet's room for those of you who haven't seen it. The walls are painted a pale Violet color (go figure) and she moved into her "big girl" furniture about 6 weeks ago so we could get her used to it before the baby arrives. We have a matching twin sized bed but won't put that together for awhile. She's in a toddler bed that some friends were nice enough to loan us and she has done great with the transistion.
She has these great wall letters around the room that she loves to look at as well as a couple sets of butterflies that hang from the ceiling.

This is the furniture we got her. I love it. There's a twin bed with a trundle underneath (we'll use it for storage), a dresser and a night stand. It has flowers, butterflies, and dragonflies (not shown) hand painted on the front and sides of the dresser and night stand and also on the headboard and footboard of the bed.
And here's a picture of her big girl bed with her babies on the pillow. She loves all of her babies but has a serious attachment to Mimi the Mole and Mr. Lamb comes in second place.
I love both of their rooms! Great job.
ReplyDelete